I worked with the Adoption Support Agency Family Futures for over 15 years offering adoption support to families, delivering training and providing supervision to staff as a Clinical Specialist.
I offer support for adoptive parents and families as well as supervision to adoption support therapists, social workers and other adoption support workers who support families with children that have been impacted by developmental trauma.
Areas of Specialism
- Attachment focussed therapy, including DDP, Theraplay.
- Body-orientated, trauma informed approaches including Sensory Integration, Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Somatic Experiencing, Metallisation and Mindfulness approaches.
- Integrative Arts psychotherapy, a powerful way of facilitating self-healing through the use of metaphor and the imagination.
Training and Workshops
I have provided trainings for Family Futures, After Adoption, social services, therapy trainings and other organisations. Topics have included:
- The impact of trauma in infancy on attachment and development
- Stabilising the placements of traumatised children
- Therapeutic interventions with looked after children
- Communicating with children to build attachments
- The developmental impact of trauma
Find out more
Accreditation: Registered with the UKCP, and work to the UKCP codes of ethics.
Fees: Adoption support – £95 per hour
Appointments: E-mail – email@example.com – 07933 202872
Mondays and Wednesdays
Location: Walthamstow E17 and Upper Holloway N7